2013 So Far

So... we finally decided to start a blog.  My sister has a blog, and after 3 years she published it and it's their family journal.  I love that idea, so I decided that we would start a blog mostly for us for our family journal, but feel free to stop by if you want to see what we've been up to!

Since we're getting a late start, here's what we've been up to so far this year!

January 2013
  • We started our baseball project!  For Christmas, I gave Eric a Derek Jeter signed baseball.  Since then, we have accumulated 23!  This picture is from January when we only had 3.  


February 2013
  • I got promoted to a Lead Installer at DealerTrack DMS.  
  • Eric's Mom got re-married.
March 2013
  • We started spring right by going to an exhibition baseball game with my family in SLC.  The Rockies played the Mariners.  We went to batting practice before the game and Jason Bay signed a baseball for us.  


April 2013
  • Eric's sister got married

  • Eric and I went to Phoenix to see the D-Backs play the Dodgers.  The Dodgers won one game and the D-Backs won the next.  We had great seats to both games.  We of course tried to get a baseball signed, and with the help of a sweet Dodgers fan, Clayton Kershaw signed a baseball for us!  We were thrilled!  




May 2013
  • I became an Aunt!  My sister now has a BEAUTIFUL baby girl named Skylee Dallas.  I'm obsessed, to say the least.  But how can I not be with this cute face? 


  • I ran the Race for the Cure 5K with several of my co-workers.  This was the first 5K I ran and it was difficult, but the sense of accomplishment at the end was worth every step.  

  • My younger brother came home from his mission in Scotland and Ireland 10 days after Skylee was born.  What a stud.  

  • Eric was accepted into Summer Leadership programs with all 4 of the Big 4 Accounting firms!  Most people only get accepted into 1-2, so we were INCREDIBLY excited.  In May, he worked with Deloitte and Ernst & Young.  
  • Eric started working at Freestyle Sushi doing their books.  The owner of the dealership he works for started Freestyle Sushi, so Eric helps out there 2 days a week.  He loves getting free sushi for lunch, and the sushi is delish!  

June 2013
  • Eric's favorite missionary companion got married in Palmyra, New York.  We flew upstate and saw Niagara Falls, the church sites in Palmyra, and the wedding of course!  And then we just couldn't handle being that close to New York without going to a few baseball games.  We flew into New York City and stayed for a few days.  We went to 2 baseball games, saw 3 Broadway shows, and visited the sites!  Eric and I love New York and we are already looking forward to going back again.  










  • I ran my second 5K in Eagle Mountain. 

  • Eric did Summer Leadership with PWC and KPMG.
July 2013
  • We spent the 4th of July at Flaming Gorge.  Eric had a great time fishing with the boys, while I snuggled Skylee and spent time with the girls. We of course had time for some fun on the boat as well! I even got Eric out on the tube.  


  • I went to Hawaii for work for 2 weeks!  I worked hard but did have some time in the evenings to walk on the beach.  It's so beautiful there - I just wish Eric could have been there with me! 

August 2013
  • I went to Girls Camp with my sister to help take care of little Skylee so she could work with the Young Women in her ward.  Needless to say, I had WAY too much fun with 2 days of uninterrupted Skylee time. 


  • Eric did a summer leadership program with Grant Thorton.  They aren't part of the big 4, but they are also a large accounting firm.  His team won a contest to see who could build the tallest balloon tower!  

We are excited to see what the rest of 2013 has to bring!

Comments

  1. This is great. I am so proud of both of you. Love you Dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts