Skylee Snuggles and the Spirit of Elijah

This weekend was my favorite kind of weekend.  I have been in Albuquerque this last week working, and coming home is always the best (although I did see Mr. White's house from Breaking Bad while I was there).


Eric had to do a project for school on Saturday morning, so I was on my own.  CC was my little shadow, which is always my favorite.  She's always a little mad at me for leaving when I first get home, but she warms up to me really quick and doesn't want me to leave again.


My sister texted me Saturday morning to say she was at my parent's house and to come to hang out with her and Skylee.  It didn't take too much convincing.  Just look at this sweet face.


I headed over to my parents and snuggled Skylee for a while.  I just can't get enough of that sweet little girl.  




We hung out for a while, and then, my mom, Kristin, Skylee, and I went to Tai Pan and Gardner Village to do some shopping. It was positively delightful.  Eric and I had to run a few errands, but then we went back to my parent's house for some more Skylee love and to spend time with family.  

One day of family time just wasn't enough, so we went back over today after Regional Conference for Sunday lunch and more Skylee snuggles.  My mom mentioned that she wanted us to go to the temple this week to do some sealings that she had found amidst my Grandma's temple things.  My grandma was an AVID genealogist.  For as long as I can remember, she was always searching for names and never had a shortage for us to do baptisms.  When she died, she literally had BOXES of names that she had found and done work for.  This is just one of the boxes, but there were 3 just like it. 


Kristin started rifling through the boxes looking at the names, and there was a family that we kept seeing more of.  We finally just pulled a stack out of the box and started laying it out.  We started with the John & Hannah Robbins family.  They were married in the late 1700s and there were 5 names of their children.  One of their children also had 11 children of their own.  My grandma had found these names and had done the work for all of them. 



We got curious since just one of the children had a spouse and children attached to their line.  We started looking on new family search and ancestry.com and found that John & Hannah had 2 more children, and some of their children were also married.  We researched their lines, and then followed up on the one-child that my grandma already found.  We spent a few hours on it, but in the end, we found 19 people that needed ordinances completed.  It was such a blessing and an honor to be able to find these people and be able to take the names that Kristin, me, and my Mom found to do their work.  The spirit of Elijah was definitely in our hearts.  

This was my first time doing genealogy, and I learned SOOO much.  My Dad mentioned that my Grandma would have been proud of her granddaughters following her legacy.  My testimony of family history grew today and I can't wait to do some more!

Oh, and Eric got some Skylee snuggles too :)


Comments

Popular Posts