Aloha

As a general rule, Eric and I don't talk about work on our blog.  However, my work gives me the opportunity to travel all over the country, so even though I won't blog about work, I will blog about the fun things I do in the places I get to see. Most recently, I spent a week in Hawaii.  My company is working with a large corporation in Hawaii, so I've had the chance to go there twice this year, and I will go once more in November.

I worked hard during the day, but the nights were open.  Here are some of the things I did:

Read on the balcony of my hotel room while enjoying this beautiful view.  Combine that with some chocolate covered macadamia nuts and a sunset over the ocean = HEAVEN.


Went to the temple in Laie.  It was gorgeous - from the temple steps you can see the ocean.  I did a session, and it was awesome!




I went to Pearl Harbor.  We only had an hour before it closed and most of the museums were already closed, but it was fun to walk around and sense the spirit of the people that lost their lives defending our country.  My grandpa was a WWII Vet, so I love all World War II history and monuments.  It's a very somber feeling.  I expected it to be more like the 9/11 Memorial in New York, but it's so much larger because it's a whole harbor that was attacked.  There is a navy base close by and while we were there, some fighter planes flew over the harbor.  I thought about what it must have been like on December 7, 1941 to hear and see the Japanese fighter planes flying over the harbor.  It must have been terrifying.  I'm so glad I went to visit, and I already have my ticket purchased to go back in November and see more of the museums and the USS Arizona.





One day at work, the project manager at the dealership gave me a lei.  It was my favorite.  I wore it the entire day at work and felt very Hawaiian.


And last but not least, I ate AMAZING seafood. One restaurant said their gumbo was great, and I'm a sucker for gumbo so I had to order it and this is what they brought me:


Yeah... the gumbo was good, the shrimp was a little weird...

Overall, it was both a productive and fun trip.  I'm excited to go back in November.  If only Eric wasn't in school and he could come with.

Comments

Popular Posts