The Time I Met Mitt Romney

Today the David Eccles School of Business held its annual convocation. This year the speaker was Governor Mitt Romney. It was exciting for him to come and there was a lot of build-up to this event. I was a little annoyed with the setup. A lot of big wigs from the community were invited to the convocation so there wasn't a lot of room for students. I would have loved to attend the speech, but instead, I was in class. One of my buddies was really excited about the whole thing - he stood outside the auditorium and saw Mitt arrive. Our class ended around the same time as the convocation so my buddy and I ran downstairs to see if we could see Mitt. We got there right in time to see Mitt leaving the auditorium. There was a pretty big crowd around him and his security was trying to usher him out the door. I carefully maneuvered my way through the crowd until I was right by Mitt. I took a picture of him shaking hands (it isn't a great picture). I got up to Mitt and said hello. He said good to meet you as he shook my hand. After that, he was out the door and on his way. It was very brief, but I am glad I was able to shake hands with the person I voted for during the 2012 election.

Comments

Popular Posts