... And Another One

Decorating one tree just wasn't enough so I convinced my Mom to let me decorate hers.



For this one, I used Burlap throughout the tree.  We bought 4 yards but only needed 2 1/2.  Each section is about 12 inches wide and I wove it in and out of the tree.  I really like the way that it turned out and I think I'm going to try to do that with my deco mesh next year.  It was a lot easier to do on a fake tree though than a live tree.  After decorating this tree, I might break down and buy a fake tree for next year.

We wanted a really rustic look for this tree so we bought some cute rustic ornaments from Tai Pan Trading.  My mom had the red stars from previous years, but a lot of the ball ornaments are new.  Next year if we do this tree again, I think I want to add a large snowflake or burlap flowers or something that will really pop. 

We added the silver ribbon towards the end - it wasn't part of the original plan, but the tree needed ribbon in it so I dug through my Mom's craft closet and found the silver ribbon.  I really like the way that it looks on the tree.  I also put pinecones throughout the tree kind towards the trunk to add more depth. 

I had a ton of fun with this tree and I already want to do another!

Comments

Popular Posts