Look who's 24!

Today is Eric's birthday!  I had to work this morning, but I took the afternoon off so Eric and I could relax and enjoy being together on his birthday.  We went to lunch at Noodles & Company and then did a little shopping.  We stopped by Pier 1 Imports and even though it was Eric's birthday I got 2 new ornaments for my Christmas Tree.  Can you say obsessed?

After shopping, we went to my parent's house and visited with my Mom.  It's always fun to talk with her, but unfortunately, she was feeling a little sick so we left and went to my grandparents to track down my Dad.  We had a great time visiting my grandparents and then we did a little more shopping and headed downtown for dinner.  Since Eric's birthday is a week before Christmas, we decided to not do presents and instead do a fancy dinner at Ruth's Chris.  It was amazing!  I had a filet mignon, and Eric had a rib-eye.  They were both awesome.  Ruth's Chris had a sign at our table that said "Happy Birthday" so everyone who stopped by wished him a happy birthday.  It was really fun.




For Eric's 24 birthday, I decided to make a list of 24 reasons why I love Eric:
  1. He's my best friend and has been since I was 16 years old.  I can't imagine life without him.
  2. Eric is incredibly patient.  I feel like he is the yin to my yang.  Where I get feisty, he gets calm, and when I start running faster than I should, he reminds me to slow down and smell the roses.
  3. Eric has a strong testimony of the gospel.  He teaches primary and absolutely loves it.
  4. Eric is driven and self-motivated.  He does extremely well in school and always pushes himself to do better.
  5. He is ambitious and always striving to succeed at everything whatever it may be.
  6. Eric is incredibly supportive.  It can't be easy having a wife who travels all the time, but Eric has never complained one time.  When I told him I wanted this job, he just told me that at the start of every career there will be time sacrifices, and he would support me in whatever I wanted to do.
  7. Eric always comes into the airport to drop me off and pick me up.  I love coming down the escalator and seeing him at the bottom. 
  8. Eric loves to travel as much as I do.  We never have a shortage of adventures planned.
  9. He always opens my car door.  I love it.
  10. Eric loves the things that I love (except maybe art museums).  
  11. Eric loves baseball even more than I do.  It's not uncommon for me to come home from work to the sounds of John Sterling and Suzy Waldman announcing the Yankees games.
  12. Eric is always informed.  It amazes me how with work and school and everything else he does, he always is up to speed on what is happening in the baseball and world news.
  13. Eric always makes sure that I am comfortable.  Whether that means giving me a blanket or snuggling me extra close he always makes sure that I have what I need.
  14. Eric loves CC our cat.  He plays with her all the time and loves snuggling with her.
  15. Eric is great with kids.  It's really fun to see him play with Skylee.
  16. Eric always plans fun things for us to do, whether it's a night in watching a movie, or something more extravagant, he always has a plan up his sleeve.
  17. Eric tells me he loves me every single day, and multiple times most days.  I love looking down at my phone in the middle of a busy day and seeing a text from Eric letting me know that he cares and he's thinking of me.
  18. Eric is always my shoulder to cry on.
  19. Eric loves spending time with my family, which is great because we do it a lot.  When I get home from a business trip, I always want to see Kristin, Skylee, and my parents and Eric makes sure that I get to see all of them.
  20. Eric is incredibly selfless, he always looks to satisfy the needs of others before his own. 
  21. Eric is confident, he knows what he is capable of and he is confident in his abilities.
  22. Eric is a provider.  I know part of the reason he works so hard is to make sure that he can provide for us in the future. 
  23. Eric loves spending time together. 
  24. Eric is my one and only.  I'm so fortunate to spend eternity with such an amazing husband. 



Comments

Popular Posts