Accounting MAC

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind. A couple of weeks ago I started an audit internship with Ernst & Young. Right now we are in the middle of a busy season and there is plenty of work. I have learned so much in these past two weeks and I am looking forward to many more new experiences. A couple of days ago I got a really important email from the University of Utah:

We are pleased to notify you of your admission into the Accounting MAC Full-time program at the University Of Utah David Eccles School of Business for the class starting  Fall 2014.
In reviewing your application, your strong academic achievement in the University of Utah’s upper-division accounting courses has confirmed your eligibility for our Fast-Track admissions process.  We do not normally fully admit students with 12 or fewer accounting credits completed, but given your excellent performance in accounting, we would like to fully admit you to the program. Based on this superior performance, we are confident that you have the background to be successful in our Master of Accounting program.  In return, you have our commitment to provide you with an exceptional learning environment that will help prepare you for a successful career upon graduation. 


I was so excited to get this email. When I submitted my application I wasn't sure what the response would be because the U requires 7 core accounting classes in their undergraduate degree. I have 3 of the 7 left to take this summer. Despite these remaining classes they have accepted me into the program. Now I can start preparing to get a master's degree. It is an exciting time as I am achieving many of my education and career-related goals.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts