Valentines is for Lovers - 2014

For the second year in a row, I was gone for Valentine's Day.  I'm not a huge Valentine's Day fan - I usually don't do anything special, but I guess something about being gone for two years made me miss the holiday.  I flew home on Friday night and got home at 10:00, so the only thing open was fast food.  We attempted to go to Chick-Fil-A, but it closes at 10, so instead, we ate a super romantic Valentine's Day dinner at Sonic.  After flying all afternoon and Eric's crazy work schedule (he worked until midnight two nights last week - yikes!), we didn't feel up to anything other than falling asleep as quickly as possible.

Eric is amazing though and had some surprises for me when I came home!  He baked a red velvet cake at 1:30am the night before after working a nearly 16 hour day, some conversation hearts, and a gorgeous heart pendant necklace.  It was such a great surprise - I should have taken a picture.  He even had the cake on the cake stand we got for our wedding and have used a grand total of one time.


Eric had to work on Saturday, so I hung out with my parents.  After Eric got done with work we went to dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse - it was pretty good and came home for a low-key evening of watching movies and our new favorite TV show - Mad Men.

Eric and I have been together for 6 Valentine's Days - the first V-Day we were together was our Senior Year in high school and he decorated the inside of my locker and had a darling card that I still have.  When he was on his mission, he mailed me a "message in a bottle" with conversation hearts and a darling, sweet message that I still have as well.  I'm so lucky to have such an amazing man in my life - I love you sweetheart!

Comments

Popular Posts