SLC 5K

One of my goals this year is to run a 5K. Last year Alison trained and ran in a few 5Ks. I always said I had too much going on and I didn't prepare or run in any of those 5Ks with her. This year I decided I wanted to run with Alison.

During with internship at Ernst & Young they sent out an email encouraging employees to participate in the Salt Lake City Marathon/Half-Marathon/5K. They even offered to pay the fee. I signed right up and signed Alison up as well.

We signed up for the run in February, and then we didn't do much. Once the internship ended I would run occasionally, but not nearly often enough. Alison and I have really been enjoying going to a Yoga class at the gym. It is relaxing and stimulating and much more enjoyable than running.

Our lack of preparation made us nervous. This morning we got up and headed to the library square. We committed to running the race and we did. We weren't particularly fast, but we kept a good pace. We stuck together with the entire race and crossed the finish line at the same time.



The 5K went much better than we thought it would. After we finished I felt great. I was so energized. I am ready to sign up for another 5K. 




Comments

Popular Posts