Skylee is One!

The day Skylee was born was one of the top 3 days in my entire life.  Kristin called me Sunday, May 5 before church to tell me they were at the hospital and she was coming TODAY.  I could hardly contain my excitement.  During Kristin's entire pregnancy I would talk to little Skylee - I wanted her to know me when she was born.  I'm almost positive she did, so I'm calling my experiment a success.  I knew I loved her long before she was even born.

After church we headed to the hospital to wait for Skylee to arrive.  She came just before 6:00 and Dan texted my Dad to tell us that she was born and very healthy.  After about 30 minutes we were able to see her.  Walking into the hospital room I was moved to tears.  Kristin was holding Skylee.  My sister, and very best friend, was a mother.  I can still remember that moment so vividly, it was almost like time stood still. 

First time holding Skylee - pure bliss
I was worried that first week that Kristin and Dan were sick of me because I was at their house every day.  I couldn't get enough of my precious niece.  She was perfect when she was born.  She didn't look squished or anything, and everyday she just got more beautiful.  I had never seen anything so perfect in my entire life.  






 Kristin adapted to motherhood like a champ.  I look up to her so much, she's a smart, successful, working mother who adores her daughter.


This last year I've spoiled, snuggled, babysat, played with, and cried with my darling niece.  Some of my treasured memories are babysitting her when I had work off.  Last year I went to Kristin's girl's camp to help watch her and it was so fun to be her nanny for a few days.  I also watched her during the week of Thanksgiving, and MLK day earlier this year.  One time I watched her while Kristin met with some people at her home for her church calling.  Skylee was SO tired, but didn't want to sleep.  She wouldn't stop crying no matter what I tried.  I consider myself a problem solver, but sleep was the only solution and she was having none of it.  I sat and cried with her for a little while before she finally fell asleep.  Wow - that was hard.  I think I got a small taste of motherhood right there.  Needless to say I love little Skylee!










Comments

Popular Posts