Weekend Fun

This weekend was great!  Friday after work we headed up to Rockport with my family for a Dutch Oven Feast!  My parents couldn't wait to get the trailer out this year so they camped all weekend.  My Grandparents, Kristin & Dan, Eric, and I all headed up for dinner.  The food was great and the company was even better.  Skylee was a little cowgirl in a western plaid shirt - I could have died.  So adorable.




Saturday morning we did Race for the Cure.  One of the women on my team is a breast cancer survivor and it was such an honor to walk this race with her.  While we were walking, she told us her survival story - so amazing. Breast Cancer is something that affects so many people.  I'm already looking forward to doing this 5K again next year.


Saturday Evening was little miss Skylee's first birthday party.  I can't believe this little angel is one!  I love this girl so much.  She brings so much joy to our lives - I just love being her aunt and spoiling her!  Since her birthday is Cinco de Mayo Kristin prepared a feast of delicious Mexican food and had a piñata.  They had so many family and friends stop by to celebrate the little princess.





Sunday was Mother's Day.  Words cannot express how much I love my sweet Mom.  She is beautiful inside and out.  She raised me to be the woman I am today and I owe so much to her.  I tell her now that I'm 24, I realize that she and my Dad were pretty much right about EVERYTHING when I was younger. She always knew what was best for me. In fact, I'm almost positive she knew that I would end up with Eric even before I did.  When I was sick over Christmas, I was so glad we stayed the night at her house because I was able to snuggle with her when I woke up, and somehow that made me feel better.  Then when I was sick in March she took me to the doctor, made me dinner almost every night, and even went to the grocery store for me.  I was so grateful. I feel like I could write about my Mom forever because she's so wonderful, but I'll end by saying my Mom raised me right, and I thank God that He allowed me to be with my family here on this earth.  Families are forever!



Comments

Popular Posts