Lately

We've had an exciting couple of weeks!  My brother Jake married his sweetheart a week ago last Saturday.  It was so beautiful.  They got married in Manti, so the wedding festivities started a day early with the reception in South Jordan.  The reception was delightful - we did it at Noah's and Jake and Meg both looked so happy.  Jake had already seen Meg in her dress, but when he first saw her at the reception he just threw his arms out and gave her the biggest hug and kiss.  It was darling.







Saturday was the actual wedding in Manti.  It was BEAUTIFUL.  I loved being in the Manti Temple and thinking about my family heritage there.  My grandpa was a sealer at that temple so I thought about how many sealings he must have performed in the sealing room Jake and Meg chose.  I have never seen Jake so happy as he was across the alter from Meg - they were both beaming.  We don't have many pictures from the actual wedding day, so I can't wait to see the pictures from the photographer.  Of course, the one person we have photos of is Skylee - she was precious for the whole wedding day!



After the sealing, we headed to Snow College for the luncheon.  It was delicious of course and Jake and Meg just couldn't stop smiling.  When Eric and I first got to the college we noticed a new sign so we got a picture of Eric there in front of his Alma Mater.  We both love Snow College and it was the best decision Eric could have made out of high school to go to Snow.  


Eric and Skylee were buddies for the whole wedding day.  They would go walking and play together. It was precious.


The reception was lovely at the college and then just like that the wedding festivities were over!  We couldn't be happier for Jake and Meg.  We first met Meg last year when Jake brought her to Flaming Gorge.  She fit in so well with my family and we loved her immediately.  One day all the boys woke up early to go fishing and then we were going to go tubing in the afternoon.  Jake got motion sick and decided at the last minute to not go tubing and we all wondered what Meg was going to do and she didn't even miss a beat - she said she was coming tubing.  From that moment, I knew I liked her.  She and Jake are a great couple!

Shortly after the wedding festivities died down Eric and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary.  I can't believe it's already been 3 years since we had our crazy wedding!  Where does the time go? Eric spoiled me like crazy.  Our anniversary was on Tuesday, but Eric had class Tuesday night so we celebrated on Monday.  When I came home from work, Eric had a feast with lobster, cream of crab soup, cheesy garlic bread swirls, balsamic asparagus, and chocolate moose crunch cake.  It was delicious!  Eric is the best.  



After dinner, we watched our wedding video and looked at our photos, and then decided to head down to Temple Square where the magic first happened.  It was a beautiful night so we walked around the temple and into the Solemn Assembly Hall and the Tabernacle.  Temple Square is so beautiful this time of the year with all the flowers!  


For our actual anniversary Eric made me breakfast in bed and then I went to work and Eric went to school and we didn't see each other again until 10:00.  Oh, the life of a student.  Either way, I can honestly say the last 3 years have been the best 3 years of my life.  I can't wait for many more with my honey!

The rest of the week was pretty low-key until this weekend.  We decided we had a death wish (not really), so we went hiking a lot.  Friday I had the day off work so we hiked to Lake Blanche.  It was a pretty difficult hike, but it was really fun.  The lake was stunning once we finally made it there!  




This was the trail at one point (thankfully for just a few feet) - crazy!




One thing I have learned as we've gone hiking this summer is how much God loves us and how creative he truly is.  I'm constantly in awe when I'm in the mountains with all the stunning views.  

Sunday we hiked Mount Grandeur.  This was honestly my favorite hike we have done.  Every single part of the trail was exceptionally gorgeous.  The wildflowers were blooming, the mountains were amazing, and the view from the top was stunning.  The first mile of this hike was really strenuous, but the middle portion was delightful.  It was a steady incline but the views of the mountains nearby were amazing.  From the top, there is a gorgeous panoramic view of the Salt Lake Valley all the way from the Great Salt Lake to Utah Lake.  On the other side, you can almost see Park City. Stunning. 

I loved this mountain - I started calling it "My Mountain" and I made Eric stop at every switchback to look at it.  If this doesn't testify of God, I don't know what does.




My Mountain


The ascent to the top



We made it!



Check out those wildflowers - so gorgeous.


We saw a few of these lizards - crazy!
I think because the peak is called Mount Grandeur, the song "How Great Thou Art" was running through my head the entire time during this hike.

When through the woods and forest glades I wander
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees,
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,
And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze

Live. Love. Laugh.  I love my life.  

Comments

Popular Posts