Tuesday can't get here fast enough

It has been a while since Alison or I last posted. It doesn't feel like anything has happened that we have wanted to write about. We have been busy and it feels like we have been grinding through this month.

I have spent a lot of time preparing to take my first section of the CPA exam. I have been studying since the start of the school year, but this last month I have really had to focus. I am taking the financial accounting reporting section of the exam. It is often considered the most difficult section of the exam because it covers so much material. I have never studied for a test this hard before and I have never been so nervous to take a test. At this point, I have done everything I can to prepare and tomorrow it will all be over.

Alison has had a busy month at work. She is such a hard worker and is passionate about everything she does. It has been a stressful month for her, and she has handled it well. Last week she went to North Carolina for a work trip. It was really strange to have her gone (she hasn't been traveling much lately).

In between studying and work we have done a lot of random stuff this month. We have spent time with friends, gone to a couple movies, hung out with family, and tried to relax. One big event this month was the Nielson trap shoot. It happens every year in November. This year Alison and I went down with Blake and Debbie and we camped out. It is such a big event. This year the crowd was bigger than ever. We made some food (homemade french fries, burgers, and homemade root beer) before the weather decided not to cooperate. It was so windy and dusty that it become miserable to be outside. We didn't end up doing much shooting, but it was still a good time.

Alison making root beer
Skylee loved the root beer
On Tuesday we are headed to New York. I am so excited. Alison's whole family is coming and we will be there for Thanksgiving. There is nowhere I would rather be for Thanksgiving this year than in NYC. This trip has been in the works for two years. I am grateful to be in a marriage where dreams become our reality. Two years ago Alison and I talked about how much fun it would be to go to NYC for Thanksgiving - and two years ago we began to make a plan. Now here we are two years later and we are two days away from embarking on our Thanksgiving adventure - Tuesday cannot get here fast enough.

Comments

Popular Posts