My Last First Day of School

Monday was the first day of the spring semester. It was also my last first day of school. Ever. Alison took this picture as I frantically headed out the door to catch my train.


Monday was a lot like any other first day.

There was the excitement of new classes and new professors. The joy of catching up with friends after the long break.

There was also the nervousness of seeing the entire semester laid out on a syllabus and wondering how you will accomplish it all and not be overwhelmed.

There was the surreal realization that this is it. Sixteen short weeks and I will be done. I know it is going to fly by. I want to focus on soaking it all in.

I think this is going to be a really great semester. I have some classes I am really excited about and a lot of my buddies have classes with me. I have made some of my best friends in the world during my time at the U. We have gone through the accounting program together. We recruited and got job offers. We had a lot of fun together. This will be our last hoorah before we move on to our careers and other pursuits. I want to make the most of it.

Studying at the U has been a really great experience. When I decided in 2011 to come here I had no idea what the future would hold. The future was full of endless possibilities. Now I know what I want in life and where I am going, but the future is still full of endless possibilities. In 2011 I could have told you what I thought the future held, but it is nowhere near what I am doing today. I was lucky enough then to follow some good advice. I kept my options open and I found myself on a totally new path. It is a path that I love. I will keep going on this path until a new and better opportunity comes up. When it comes I want to embrace it.

Things I won't miss...
- juggling so many responsibilities and opportunities
- required reading
- boring classes
- late night and early morning classes

Things I will miss...
- the amazing professors
- the beautiful views of SLC from the business building
- seeing my friends every day in class
- being challenged and pushed to learn new things every day

I have learned and grown so much during my time at the U. I have succeeded more during these past few years than at any other time in my life. I feel so blessed to be part of a program that has pushed me to find success. The professors I have had are truly world-class. They have unlocked my potential and helped me to be the best student I can be. I have done better than I ever thought I would. I want to finish strong and end on a high note.

I just want to enjoy it.

Comments

Popular Posts