The Rest of June

The month of June has continued to fly by. The second half of the month has not been quite as eventful as the first half. I stay busy studying for my final section of the CPA exam. I take the test on July 15th. I can't wait to be done with it. Alison has been busy at work. There have been a lot of changes happening in both her department and the company she works for. We are excited to see what the changes will mean for us.

A few weeks ago we went to the Jensen family reunion in Spring City. Alison's grandmother, Colleen Nielson, was a Jensen. We ate lunch, played games, visited, and had a short program. It was fun to meet new people and see so many family members.


Last weekend we went to see the Manti Pageant with Blake and Debbie. Jake and Meg were also down there so we hung out with them a little bit before the pageant. Meg's family's cat, Nessie, recently had kittens. Alison insisted we go see them. They were so tiny. Alison really wanted to bring one home. For dinner we went over to the Manti Armory and had the turkey dinner they serve around Pageant time. It was delicious. After dinner, we saved our seats for the pageant and then walked around the vendors outside of the pageant. We ran into Brian and Kerry, two of Alison's cousins. Pretty much anytime we are in Manti or Ephraim we run into some of her family. The pageant was a lot of fun. I had forgotten how inspiring it is. It is was interesting to hear Blake and Debbie talk about their memories of the pageant. They told us about some of the changes that have occurred over the years. Seeing the pageant was a lot of fun.




Lately, I have also been playing with my newest toy, an Apple Watch. It was a graduation gift and I have loved it. I wear it all the time and I enjoy so many things that it can do. My favorite feature is the fitness tracking elements. Alison and I have been running a lot lately. Our goal is to run a half marathon in October. My watch has helped keep me motivated as I train.

This weekend was Dan and Kristin's anniversary. Kristin planned a getaway for Friday night so Alison and I watched Skylee. It was so much fun. Skylee is now talking pretty much all the time. She loves to dance and play. On Friday we took her to get gelato at Settebello. It is a great place to get gelato. We thought Skylee would like strawberry flavor, but instead, she loved hazelnut (which is what Alison liked). We all just shared. Then we took her to the Bee's game with Jake and Meg. Skylee has learned to love baseball. She remembers her favorite things about the ballpark like the train, pushing the button to cross the street, and dancing. At the game on Friday night, she learned how to roll down the hill and she danced to all of the player's walk-up songs. It was so fun.



Dancing to the music


On Saturday morning we took Skylee to the pool at our apartment complex. She loved it. As soon as we put her in the water she started to giggle. We played a lot of games with her. She liked to sit on the edge of the pool and slide in so that we would catch her. She also liked sitting on the edge and splashing in the water. There are some stairs on one side of the pool and she loved holding our hands and walking down the stairs. She also liked when I would plug my nose and hide under the water. While I was under the water she would say "where Eric" and when I would come up she would say "boo" then to let me know she wanted me to go under again she would say "bye Eric". It was so cute.





On Saturday night we went to the Bee's game with Kristin, Dan, and Skylee. On Monday night we met up with some of our good friends at the ballpark. Bee's season tickets have been the best investment we made this summer. We have had so many hours of enjoyment at the ballpark hanging out with friends and family. It is magical to spend a summer evening watching baseball.




Comments

Popular Posts