I Passed the CPA Exam

Tonight I received my score for the regulation portion of the CPA exam. Alison and I stayed up to check my score. All-day I was nervous. I kept pulling up the website that shows the score hoping it would be there, but it never was. Instead, they had a timer counting down to 1am eastern when the scores would be released. The last time I stayed up to check a score it took a while after the release to pull up because everyone else was trying to check their scores and the website crashed. Tonight I was on the site ready and waiting for it to let me see my score. I am glad I was ready. The score came through a few minutes ahead of schedule - much to our delight.

I passed! I got a 92. It is an excellent score. The CPA exam has been a wild ride. When I started I had low expectations. All I really wanted was to pass and I achieved that goal. I worked hard, really hard. In a lot of ways, I exceeded my goals. I also wanted to finish the CPA exam before I started working for EY. Here I am two days before I start with all four sections done. I got an average of exactly 95.5. I do not think it will be good enough to get the Elijah Watts Sells award. I gave the exam my very best effort and I have no regrets. There is not one thing I would have done differently. There are a lot of people who shoot for the bare minimum. For them, anything above a 75 is a waste of time. That is not who I am. When I pursue something I give it my all. I can honestly say that is how I approached the exam. I am very proud of my results.

Now one year of work experience is the only requirement that remains to qualify me to be a certified public accountant. Wednesday marks the start of that year. Here's to a great first year.

Comments

  1. Congratulations Eric! We are so happy for you. You are a great example of hard work and dedication. I hope your first 1/2 week of work was excellent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts