A Banner Year

One year ago today I took my first section of the CPA exam. As I look back, it is hard to believe an entire year has passed. It was an incredibly successful year for me.

I passed all four sections of the CPA exam. I wrote about my experience here. Having knocked out the CPA exam has been a huge blessing. It has meant I don't ever have to come home from a long day at work and study. Instead, I can focus on being successful at work and enjoying my free time with Alison. It is one important milestone in my career development that I have already achieved. Once I have accumulated a year of work experience I will officially become a CPA.

I also graduated from the MAcc program at the U. I wrote about that experience here. It was exciting to be finished with school. I have to admit that I do miss it. I see my accounting friends a lot less often now. Work is a much bigger commitment than school, which makes it having adventures a little more challenging. I made so many great memories during graduate school that I will always cherish.

I officially began my career in public accounting. So far working at EY has met my expectations. I work with such smart talented people. I also learn new things every day. Some days are hard, pushing me out of my comfort zone. On other days everything clicked and I could not be happier. Today work was really busy as we rushed to make an important deadline. During a calm moment, I thought about all of these things that have happened in the past year. As I reflected I thought about how happy I am with the way things have worked out. I realize I am exactly where I want to be right now doing the things I want to be doing.

I will always remember 2015 as a banner year in my career/personal development. Here's to many more like it.

Comments

Popular Posts