Friendsgiving

This month has been a very busy month for us, and it doesn't look like things are going to slow down any time soon.  Although my MBA is designed for people who work full time, working while going to school is incredibly difficult and I understand why Eric and I never worked full time while going to school before.  Despite the challenges, I know that the MBA and work is the right thing for me to do right now in my life.  But this week I'm taking a break - I have the week off of school for Thanksgiving and so I decided to take the week off of work to relax! 

We kicked out my relaxing week last weekend with a Jerusalem Reunion.  My experience in Jerusalem truly shaped the course my life has taken since I returned and the friends I met there are some of my best friends.  My friend Angie decided to coordinate a Friendsgiving.  When we were in Jerusalem we celebrated Thanksgiving in Galilee in a Kibutz.  Israel does not celebrate Thanksgiving so when we went to Thanksgiving dinner our decorations were red, white, and blue because they didn't know how to decorate!  There were balloons and crepe paper, and when they brought out the turkey, they had sparklers in them.  It was truly one of the best Thanksgiving I can remember.






I volunteered to make rolls for Friendsgiving.  I really enjoy making rolls during the holidays and I think I make pretty good rolls.  Eric decided he wanted to take pictures of me making rolls with his fancy camera.  My roll recipe makes 2 dozen rolls, but I needed to make 3 dozen for the party.  As you can see, it was nearly overflowing by the time it was done rising!


The next step was rolling out the dough and forming rolls.





I wanted to make sure they looked good while they were baking!


They were so delicious I had to eat one while it was still hot.  It was so good!

And then finally we were ready to go to the party. 

We had 25 of the Jeru crew in attendance!  This was the best turn-out we've had in a long time since so many of our group have moved on as they've graduated.  Fortunately, because of the holiday, there were a few people that were in town that otherwise wouldn't have been so I was able to catch up with several of my friends that I hadn't seen in years! Eric brought his camera and a tripod so he was able to take photos of the group.  It was so great to catch up with many of my friends and for Eric to meet some of them.  It was also fun to see how many of my friends have had kids!  There is a whole new generation of Jerusalem posterity from the Fall 2009 group. I'm so grateful for my time in Jerusalem and for the friends that I met there! 



Comments

Popular Posts