Celebrate

Today is my 27th birthday. I celebrated by attending the last on-campus class of my MBA program. I really cannot think of a better way to celebrate.  I still have one semester left before I officially graduate, but I will take my summer classes online. The last two years of school have been very difficult and very rewarding.  As I was driving home today, I was thinking about all the people that I'm grateful for that have helped me on this journey.

Eric is my biggest supporter and cheerleader.  He never got frustrated that I was gone multiple nights each week attending class and studying all weekend.  I had a lot of study groups and he quietly kept our lives in order while I was away.  He made countless freezer meals for us to eat since we didn't have a lot of time to cook during the week.  He always kept the house clean. He helped with homework several times. And always cheered me on and supported me.  I couldn't have done this journey without him.

My parents taught me the value of education my entire life.  They made sure I knew how important education was to them. They also helped and supported me. The last 10 months living with them were incredible. It was fun to come home from class and tell my parents about what I learned.  My Dad even made me crepes sometimes at 11:00 PM because I was hungry after school. My Mom lives a life of service. It's incredible. She watches Skylee a few days a week, she organizes events for her neighborhood, and she gives everyone rides - even people who aren't in her family.  It's fun because Skylee would always tell me the things she did with her Nana during the day, which sometimes included service.  I love that Skylee is learning service from her Nana.  My parents help during our move was inspiring. They stayed with us every step of the way keeping us fed, energized, and helping us with all the projects that come with moving into a home. My mom was helping me pack up a bench we were returning and I was so inspired at that moment because I really thought about the life of service that she lives.  She just loves serving others and losing herself in service. My parents have helped so much the last two years.

Right before the MBA program started, the program put us with groups. Most groups didn't stay together, but 5 of us for our original group stayed together for all 2 years. We did tons of projects together, wrote papers, prepared presentations, and did study groups. We shared late-night In N Out Burgers and Chick Fil-A Desserts after class.  We supported each other and texted each other all the funny things that happened during class.  They were the best group and I'm so grateful that we were put together from the very beginning. There was definitely some divine intervention there.  Tonight was our last night together. Jared is graduating and Jess and I are finishing our classes online.  I'm sure we will stay in touch, but we won't see each other twice a week any more. It is definitely bitter sweet.  After class we took our last group selfie (we took selfies after most of our finals), and shared a group hug. I'm definitely going to miss seeing them.  But I won't miss going to class.

Ultimately, I have a lot to be grateful for. I am overwhelmed by the love and support I've received over the last two years. I can't wait to graduate, but I'm also going to miss the learning and support of the MBA program.  It was one of the best things I've done in my life and something that I would 100% do again. This was a birthday for the books.  27 is going to be a great year!

Comments

Popular Posts