Easter, Opening Weekend, and Antelope Island

It feels like spring has finally arrived. We spent our weekend enjoying the beautiful weather, watching baseball, and spending time with family.

Baseball is back! It is a little early this year. They moved opening day up to add a few extra off days into the season. Alison commented that it feels too early for meaningful games to be taking place. I didn't care. I am happy the baseball season is underway. This is a very exciting season. The Yankees have put together a great team and we have high expectations. Opening day was Thursday, right smack in the middle of the day. Since we all had to work and Blake was in ATL we did not have an opening day party. I listened to John and Suzy during work. It was such an awesome game. The Yankees won an easy victory over the Blue Jays. What a way to start the season. On Friday Alison and I watched the game with Blake. It was another great victory, hopefully, the season is full of great victories by the Yankees.




On Saturday Alison and I drove out to Antelope Island. We have wanted to do this for a few weeks, but March ended up being busier than we anticipated. Alison had some work trips come up that put the kibosh on our weekend plans. We enjoyed Antelope Island. There is not a ton to do out there, but the views are beautiful and we saw some interesting wildlife. Tex was his usual cheerful self. He loved exploring new places and of course, chasing the seagulls. It was a nice relaxing way to spend a Saturday.



















We are, as always, grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. Especially at Easter when we celebrate his resurrection. I enjoy the years when Easter and General Conference coincide because I love the messages that are shared about the hope and love the atonement of Christ brings into our lives. I am grateful for my testimony of the Savior. Today as I have thought about him my mind goes back to the recent visit to the garden tomb and to those powerful words - "he is not here, for he has risen." I am grateful for those words. I am also grateful for the promise they bear that because he has risen we each will rise again and through the grace of Christ we have the chance to be with our families forever.



Comments

  1. This was a nice easter message and the pictures for Antelope Island are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts