Sunday Dinner

Eric and I love Sunday dinner.  It's quite possibly our favorite meal of the week.  Eric was flipping through the Our Best Bites cookbook earlier this week and decided he wanted to make cheesy garlic bread swirls for our Sunday dinner.  He made the dough before church and had them ready to go so there wasn't too much to do when we got home to have hot rolls for dinner.  After we got home from church, I started making Alfredo sauce.  While everything was cooking/baking I started setting the table.  Since our meal was somewhat fancy, I decided to use our fancy dishes.


The glass plates were Eric's grandma's who passed away when he was young.  The goblets were my grandma's.  Several Christmass ago, my grandma cleaned out her China Hutch and gave each of her granddaughters something.  She gave me 2 goblets.  When she passed away, I received the rest of the set.

We finished cooking dinner and put everything on serving dishes.



The dishes with the pasta and the rolls were also my grandma's, and the dish with the corn was from Eric's grandma.  Not only was our Sunday dinner delicious, but it was also very sweet using dishes that belonged to both of our grandmas.  Grandma's are special!

Comments

Popular Posts