Hoppy Easter - 2024

Our Easter plans began developing a few weeks ago. Alison spent the afternoon with Kristin and her girls. When they dropped Alison off, Anna asked me if I would put on an Easter egg hunt for her - how could I say no? Alison had been coaching her. 

A day or two later we received a targeted mailer from Lego and wouldn't you know it on the front was a darling bunny rabbit Lego set that screamed Skylee. Alison bought a set for Anna and one for Skylee and we decided they would be the grand prize for the egg hunt this year. We picked up some eggs and candy and we were set to host. 





The weather was not great for Easter. We had a smattering of blue skies between light rain storms and a little hail. So I moved the Easter egg hunt indoors. I hid 42 eggs for the girls. That came out to 20 each, plus two special golden eggs. Alison's family arrived and we kicked off the Easter egg hunt before dinner. The adults enjoyed some deviled eggs while the kiddos got to hunt. They ran around the house collecting the eggs. When it was all said and done they found 40 of the eggs. I thought maybe I miscounted and it was time for lunch so we called it there. I told Skylee that maybe the dogs ate the other two eggs, and she told me I was getting good practice with my dad jokes. Alison and I did find the 2 missing eggs as we were cleaning up. They had a blast with the Easter egg hunt. 







When they opened up the golden eggs they were slightly perplexed that they were empty, until I told them they could trade them in for the grand prize, the before mentioned Legos. They seemed like the gift. Anna was particularly enamored with her Lego peacock, before she left she got Meg to help her assemble it. Anna is really great at Legos. 

Lunch was a traditional Easter spread with ham, rolls, and all the fixings. It was delicious, if I do say so myself. Then for dessert we had cupcakes and hokey pokey ice cream to celebrate Anna's birthday. The hokey pokey was vanilla Salt & Straw ice cream with hokey pokey mixed in. We also had some vanilla for those less inclined, but the hokey pokey was pretty tasty. 

It was a fabulous Easter Sunday. We loved spending time with family and watching the girls have so much joy running around finding eggs. It made us for very excited for next when maybe our little one will be crawling around picking a few eggs of her own. 

Comments

Popular Posts