What a Week!

This week has been insane, but oh so fun.  Last Saturday we went and saw Les Miserables at the Hale Center Theater.  Eric and I went to a few shows there last year and had so much fun Eric bought season tickets this year.  Les Mis was the first play we have been able to see there this year and it did not disappoint.  We started the evening with a fun dinner at Archibald’s.  The food was alright, but the company was great!  After dinner, we had some time to kill so we wandered around Gardner Village and of course ended up in my favorite shop, the candy shop.  They had giant smarties.  I love small smarties so giant ones are even better.



We then went to the show.  For a community theater, they did such a great job with the music, scenery, and stage.  We’ve now been listening to Les Mis pretty much non-stop the remainder of the week.  We can’t wait to go to NY and see it there later this year!


 Sunday we went to my parents to listen to General Conference.  Conference was great and my parents made the most delicious breakfast of aebleskivers, hash-browns, bacon, and breakfast casserole.  We usually only eat aebleskivers on Christmas and other special occasions so it’s such a treat, especially since I was sick last Christmas and didn’t eat any. 


Eric was working on a project during conference and needed a letter he sent me while he was on his mission.  I went and got the box full of letters at my parent's house and it was such an unorganized mess, it was driving me insane.  Before Eric came home I started a project to put all his letters in binders, but I only made it through about the first 4 months of his mission, in large part because there were so many letters!  However, I figured conference was a good time to finish the project I started over 3 years ago.  It took about 8 hours of leaning over binders and letters, but in the end, I had 5 large binders full of letters from my sweetheart.  I was amazed at how many letters there were!  I knew he wrote me a lot, but good heavens!  I love that the project is finished and it’s such a good keepsake for us and our children someday.  Oh, and about 4 hours in I found the letter Eric was looking for.

Only half the envelopes - yikes!



The finished product

 The week started like normal but quickly took a turn when my sister discovered she needed to make a video for a summit she is attending for her company next week.  She did all the hard work of developing the content, writing the script, and gathering photos, but she needed help editing and filming.  It’s been a while since I’ve done anything like this, although my degree is in broadcast journalism so I spent a lot of time in college doing this very thing!  My first job after graduation was also making training videos for my company, but it’s been a long time since I’ve edited anything! 


I went over to Kristin’s right after work on Tuesday and started filming.  We filmed and recorded everything on an iPhone (gotta love technology!) and then I started editing.  The only editing software I have is iMovie and I had never used it for anything besides picture slideshows before so needless to say I had to figure out how to use it.  It was frustrating, but after about 6 hours we had a product put together.  I continued working on it and on Wednesday we had the final product. 


We took it into her office and although everyone loved it, they said there should be a greater focus on her company’s role in Solera.  We went back to the drawing board and started fresh on Thursday.  Since I had figured out iMovie by this time, everything went much smoother.  It took less time and in the end, the product is just as good.  It was so fun to have this project to work on this week and be editing movies again!  It’s been too long.


To add even more mayhem to the madness we went to a Bee’s game on Wednesday night.  We planned this over a week ago with our friends Colson and Emily, so we couldn’t back out.  I’m so glad we didn’t because it was a beautiful night for baseball.  There is something about baseball in the spring that is so enchanting.  I think it’s that every team still has a chance (except maybe the Astros and the Cubs – poor Cubs).  Or maybe it’s the beautiful weather that makes everyone want to be outside enjoying the sunshine after the winter ends.  Either way, it was a great night at the ballpark, even though the Bees lost. 



I attempted to keep score, but I was definitely rusty, and I was also trying to keep score on my iPad.  I didn’t make it past the first inning – maybe I’m old-fashioned but I needed my scorebook and a pencil!

Overall, this week has been crazy but I wouldn’t have it any other way.  There is nothing better than working alongside family. 

Comments

Popular Posts