Our newest niece

My sister, Charly, and her husband, Ben, welcomed their first daughter, Ashtyn Dee Anderson, into the world this week. Charly called me on Friday afternoon to let me know she had given birth and that she and Ben took their little baby girl home.

Alison and I were excited to see our new niece. We headed down to Provo after work. We are so glad we got to go visit them. It sounded like it was a long day for them, but Charly really seemed to be doing well and Ashtyn is healthy. It is amazing to see this little girl my little sister brought into the world. I am so proud of her.

We spent a couple of hours visiting with Charly and Ben while we took turns holding little Ashtyn. She really is a sweet little baby. She was sleepy and not very fussy. Alison loved snuggling her (Alison loves babies). I even held Ashtyn for quite a while - Alison was really impressed. I usually don't like to hold new babies (they make me nervous and feel so fragile). Ashtyn was so mild-mannered I really enjoyed holding her.



We had so much fun visiting Ashtyn on Friday that we stopped by again on Saturday. We were on our way to the BYU game, but we visited and enjoyed spending more time with our little niece. She really is so sweet. The game was not so sweet. BYU played well during the first half and then melted down. Even though they lost it was fun to head down to Provo for the game. Visiting Charly, Ben, and Ashtyn was the highlight of the weekend, especially with the way the game turned out.


Comments

Popular Posts