Baseball Begins!

Right now is one of my favorite times of the year. Spring and summer are right around the corner and even more importantly the long off-season void is nearly over. Today the Yankee pitchers and catchers officially reported to Spring Training in Tampa. They will spend the next couple of months in Florida preparing for the baseball season. Spring training brings a new beginning. It is a time to get excited about what the season will bring.

Courtesy: Yankees PR
Near the beginning of the year it hit me, this time next year I will be working for EY. Next year my busy season will be in full swing. For those first few months of the year, I will be so busy there will be no chance I will have time for a getaway. As long as I work for EY, attending spring training will be out of the question. Ever since I came to this realization, Alison and I have been bouncing around the idea of going to spring training this year.

We woke up one Saturday in January and started to plan a trip to Arizona. We figured it would be less expensive and easier to plan than a trip to Florida. Even though the Yankees do not hold spring training in Arizona it still would have been fun. I just wanted to go to spring training. As we were planning the trip it quickly become apparent it would be more difficult and expensive than we were initially expecting. Somewhat jokingly I told Alison we should just go to Florida. Next thing I knew my joke became a serious consideration. We were planning a trip to Florida.

We got a great deal on flights. Plus, we decided it would be worth it to go to Florida. There is so much more we want to do in Florida and I have never been. We went over to Blake and Debbie's to talk to them about our trip and were able to convince them to come. It is going to be such a fun trip.

We already got our baseball tickets to attend three Yankee games at George M. Steinbrenner Field (it is a good thing we bought them early because the Yankee spring training games sell out.) We planned some other fun activities like going to the beach, visiting Harry Potter World, and taking a trip down to NASA.  The one thing we will not do on this Florida trip is go to Disneyworld. Disney anything is Alison's favorite. She has already made me promise we will be going back soon for a Disneyworld trip.

Now that the Yankees spring training is underway our Florida trip is right around the corner. It cannot get here fast enough.

Comments

Popular Posts