Alison's Golden Birthday

Yesterday was Alison's birthday. She turned 25 on April 25th. It was a special birthday. Alison had carrot cake for breakfast because is there a better way to start off your birthday than with cake. Alison then went with Kristin and Debbie to get Skylee's 2-year-old pictures. It was a great thing to do because Alison loves spending time with Skylee.

This was Alison's favorite picture from the photoshoot

After she got home we went shopping. We went to Thanksgiving point and up to Park City so that Alison could go to all of her favorite stores. She really enjoys shopping and found some great clothes.

For dinner, we went to the Melting Pot. It was a wonderful experience. Neither of us had been there before, and Alison has been wanting to go for a while. The entire experience was top-notch. We enjoyed the secluded seating, the quiet ambiance, and the delicious food. Eating there is an experience. We did the four-course meal, which gives you lots of little delicious experiences. Alison's favorite part was dessert. They had the most delicious chocolate fondue. It was a delightful evening and we will most definitely eat at the Melting Pot again.




In honor of Alison's birthday I wanted to write just a few of the things I love about her:

1. Alison is ambitious. She sets lofty goals and does not settle. I am amazed and proud of her accomplishments in her career, at home, and at school.
2. Alison is smart. She still reminds me she got a higher score on the AP U.S. history test. She is so studious and is going to be very successful in her MBA.
3. Alison is talented. She plays the piano beautifully. She is always getting compliments from people in our ward. I love to listen to her play.
4. Alison values hard work. She was raised in a family where working hard is very important. She carries on that tradition.
5. Alison values education. She is starting her MBA this fall. Going back to school is not an easy decision, but she knows it will help her reach her potential. She also wants to set an example so that our children know how important education is to her
6. Alison is honest. She tells it like it is and is not afraid to be blunt. It is one of the things I have always loved about her.
7. Alison loves her family. She has deep family roots, which she cherishes. She loves to spend time with her family and has a great relationship with them.
8. Alison has a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We have been participating in a sealing group with our ward and it has been such a special experience to spend time in the temple with Alison.
9. Alison loves to travel. Planning a vacation is one of her favorite activities. We have a great time traveling together. During the past four years, we have had a lifetime's worth of adventures together.
10. She is supportive. Alison understands what it means to be equal partners and she helps me to find success.
11. She needs to be healthy. Alison sets and achieves healthy goals. She motivates me to get up early and go to the gym in the morning (otherwise we won't go) and she makes sure I plan healthy meals. She recognizes healthy choices now will allow us to live a long and healthy life.
12. Alison is willing to sacrifice to get what she wants. She understands we cannot have everything we want right this minute.
13. She is passionate. She is always fully invested and does not do anything halfway. Once Alison is committed you can count on her.
14. Alison loves to try new things and she is always getting me to try them too. We have had so many fun experiences because she wanted to try something new.
15. Alison loves Disney more than anyone I know, and that might be an understatement. Her happy place is Disneyland. She wants to have that happy spirit all the time.
16. She helps me be a better person. She is always pushing me to be my best self and to reach my potential. I do not know where I would be without her.
17. Alison wants to have fun. She is always looking for fun activities we can do together.
18. Alison loves baseball. She taught me to love baseball. Baseball is an interest we share, which has brought us a lot of joy.
19. Alison is an amazing aunt. When I watch her with Skylee, and I see the love she has I know she will be an incredible mother one day.
20. Alison enjoys the outdoors. She decided it would be fun to go hiking and it turned into one of our favorite things to do together. Being surrounded by the beauty of Utah is one of Alison's favorite things.
21. Alison is always willing to go out of her way to be kind to others. She thinks about things she can do to help others and often helps others anonymously.
22. Alison is confident. She does not let others' opinions dictate what she can do. Alison knows what she is capable of and fights to get there.
23. Alison is beautiful.
24. Alison is without question my best friend. She is my other half. She completes me.
25. She is my eternal companion, and I could not be luckier.

Happy Birthday!

Comments

Popular Posts