Busy Season - Wednesday

5:45am - Today I got to sleep in. Wednesday is a rest day in my running routine. I need it after staying up late to wait for Alison to get home from school. I went through my normal routine - getting dressed, making Alison lunch, and eating breakfast. I was ready to go a little early today.


6:20am - I am on my way to work. Today's commute was a little rough it was so rainy. I took a different route today so I could stop by Banbury Cross doughnuts. We had a big meeting at work today. I needed to bring five dozen as a thank you to the client employees who have helped us prepare for our audit. I called in my order yesterday to make sure it would include two dozen blueberry doughnuts because they are that good. I got to work just before 7. Since it was raining/snowing and had 5 boxes of doughnuts I parked in visitor parking to drop them off. After dropping off the doughnuts I moved my car to a more appropriate parking spot. 


7:10am - I was set up and ready for work. The morning was a little slow. I followed up on my requests. We really needed to get some stuff back. I finished up some odds and ends on control testing and worked on another memo.

11:40am - Today for lunch we went to Himalayan Kitchen. They have a daily lunch buffet. It is quick and easy and tastes good. I probably ate a little more than I should have.

12:10pm - After lunch the support I requests started rolling in.  I was so busy. The afternoon flew by. I wrapped up some AR testing, worked on revenues and expenses, and reviewed a consolidation work paper. There is so much to do. In the middle of the day, I attended the meeting I picked up the doughnuts for. It was short and sweet. Today as I got to the end of my workday I reflected on what I had done and realized that even after nearly 7 hours of work I barely made a dent in my to-do list. That perspective can be a little discouraging. I need to remember that we have weeks to complete the audit and some of our work papers take a significant amount of time. It will be rare for me to completely finish a work paper so early on in the process. 

6:55pm - I wrapped up for the day and headed home. I walked in a few minutes before Alison. She had to work late today. We warmed up some dinner and then relaxed. We watched the series finale of Parks and Recreation, which was one of our favorite shows.  I also prepped the food for Alison's lunches for the next couple of days, laid out my clothes for tomorrow, and packed my gym bag.

9:20 - We were ready to call it a night. At least the week is more than halfway over.

Comments

Popular Posts