A Family Legacy


On Saturday my cousin, Ryan received his Eagle Scout award. It was a momentous occasion. We were invited to celebrate with his family. We were proud of him for earning this award. He is the last of my grandpa's nine grandsons to earn his Eagle Scout award. 

As part of the court of honor, my aunt Ardis asked me to present a grandparents-pin to my grandpa. When it came time for this part of the program I knew I was going to have trouble getting through it. Sure enough, I choked up. It was quite an honor to be able to recognize the role my grandpa has played in my life and the lives of my brother and cousins. 

My grandpa has often expressed that he did not have the opportunity to participate in scouting in his youth, and he never received the Eagle Scout award. My grandpa was asked to be a scout leader and devoted himself to the scouting program. His passion for scouting has always been evident. While he may never have had the opportunity to become an Eagle Scout, he has always lived his life as an example of the type of person an Eagle Scout should be. I will forever be grateful for his example and the influence it has had on my life. 


Comments

Popular Posts