Auntie Ali

I love being an Aunt.  There is nothing better than seeing Skylee when I'm sad - she always makes things feel better.  This week I have the entire week off of work to use up my PTO but neither Eric nor Kristin have the week off so I'm flying solo.  Skylee goes to a babysitter while Kristin is at work so I volunteered to watch her this week.  It's the best.

Yesterday, Skylee and I had a lot of fun.  She helped me get ready for the day.  And by "helping" I mean keeping herself busy in her bumbo seat by playing with my hairbrush, or the bathroom decor for about 15 minutes until she got bored.  So when she got bored, we occupied ourselves by taking pictures until I could put her back in her bumbo.


Then Skylee played with her toys for a while on the floor.  This little set is awesome - she seriously loves it.  




The floor is Rowley-dog's domain so when baby sis is on the floor, he likes to give her kisses.  Skylee doesn't really care for the kisses, but the dogs don't phase her at all.  She loves them.


Playing is hard work for such a little girl so after a while she got tired and hungry so I gave her a bottle and then she fell asleep while I was holding her.  It was precious.  I put her in her crib, and she was snuggled so cutely I just had to get a picture.


Morning nap-time only lasted an hour and then she got up and was ready to go again.  She was so happy when she woke up it was so much fun.  She played in her bouncer seat and her jump-a-roo while I looked for her diaper bag and got ready to go to lunch with Grandma Debbie.  We went to Zupas and she was such a champ.  She stayed in her car seat for a while and then she wanted to sit up so she sat in the high-chair like she was so proud of herself and played with her toys.  After we ate, I just had to snuggle her some more.


My mom needed to get some Christmas presents so we went to Best Buy where Skylee rode in the cart like a big girl.  She started leaning after a while, but we got her all straightened out. 


Great Grandma Aleene needed help decorating her Christmas tree, so I took Skylee over to help.  Skylee was a little tired so she started getting kind of fussy and wanted to be held, which is hard to do while decorating a tree.  I brought over Kristin's front carrier and loaded Skylee in and she was happy as can be.  She mostly tried to take ornaments off the tree, but we didn't mind because she is just so adorable.


After we got done with the big tree we went to decorate the little tree.  Skylee kept trying to reach for the branches and even almost pulled the tree over a few times.  I just can't get enough of that sweet little girl. 


Kristin met us at my Grandma's house after work to pick up the baby and we went grocery shopping. Skylee didn't get a good afternoon nap so she was a little fussy, but nothing too crazy.  When she's fussy, she either makes this funny dinosaur noise or says "EEEE."  It's actually really funny until she starts screaming.

After shopping, we went back to Kristin's to eat dinner.  Skylee ate solids and made quite the mess so Kristin rinsed her off in the sink.  Skylee didn't mind one bit.  Later, Kristin was snuggling Skylee on the couch and Skylee threw up EVERYWHERE, and not just normal spit-up.  I grabbed Skylee so Kristin could go change her clothes and put her in the bath.  She was shaking because she was cold when I was taking her diaper off and started crying, but once she got in the warm water, she was happy.  Dan bathed her and then wrapped her in a towel.  She was so happy after her little bath.  It was so sweet.



To say I'm obsessed with this sweetheart would be an understatement.  I'm already counting down the minutes until I get to see her again!

Comments

  1. Aww! That's so sweet :) She is a cute little chub, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts