Hope for Tomorrow

We live in unprecedented, challenging times. I think most, if not all, of us have felt the disruption of the covid-19 pandemic in our lives. The daily onslaught of information, speculation, and uncertainty promote worry and stress. It is all too easy to get caught up in the anxiety. 

A few months ago, Alison and I decided to buy some Mixtiles. Mixtiles are 8"x 8" photo tiles that stick to walls without the use of hardware. I first started considering them when I saw an ad on Instagram. We talked about it for a while and then decided to get them. Alison and I sat down and went through some of our favorite photos. After considering quite a few, we narrowed it down to our 14 favorites. We hung our Mixtiles above our bed.

I often find myself sitting on or laying in our bed taking a moment to reflect while I look at these pictures. They never fail to give me a feeling of joy. Each of these photos evokes memories of better times. While we have been staying home during the pandemic I have found myself not only remembering the good times past, but looking forward to the many adventures and opportunities of the future. I am reminded that while the moment may seem dark, there is a light at the end of this pandemic. It will pass. I have hope for a better tomorrow.

Al-Khazneh ("The Treasury"), Petra, Jordan 
Hallstatt, Austria
Colosseum (Flavian Amphitheatre), Rome, Italy
Sun and Moon Pagodas (日月双塔), Fir Lake (Shanhu), Guilin, China
Castel Sant'Angelo, St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican City
The Garden Tomb, Jerusalem, Israel
El Castillo (Temple of Kukulcan), Chichen Itza, Yucatán Peninsula, Mexico
Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
Matterhorn, Riffelsee lake, Canton of Valais, Switzerland
Itsukushima Shrine (厳島神社, Itsukushima-jinja), Hatsukaichi, Miyajima, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan 
Swayambhunath Stupa (Monkey temple), Kathmandu, Nepal
Taj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
Neuschwanstein Castle, Hohenschwangau, Germany
Antelope Island, Great Salt Lake, Salt Lake City, Utah

Comments

Popular Posts