Happy Anniversary


This week Alison and I celebrated our our 9-year anniversary.

I was thinking back to that couple that got married 9 years ago. I think if you went back and asked us where we thought we would be in 9 years our answer would be completely different from where we are today. I also think our hopes and dreams and goals would be different. All of this is to say that we have grown and learned and changed over the past 9 years. The most important thing is that we learned and grew and changed together. We have built a life we love. 

We didn't do much to mark this particular anniversary. We are heading out of town for the weekend and we had other things going on that required our attention. This year that felt okay to us. 

This anniversary is just one in what I hope will be many, many anniversaries. Just as we didn't know where we would be 9 years after getting married, I can't imagine where we will be 9 years from now. I do know that there is no where I would rather be than next to Alison. That is where you will find me.

Comments

Popular Posts