52 Questions in 52 Weeks: 9 of 52

What are the names of your brothers and sisters? Describe things that stand out in your mind about each of your siblings.

Eric - I have a younger sister and a younger brother.
 





My sister's name is Charly Ann Troff Anderson. She is three years younger than me. Fun fact, we actually both had the same due date three years apart. I came early and Charly came late. Charly loves to read. Growing up she read every book she could get her hands on. I remember her often reading the Harry Potter series. They were one of her favorite. She must have read them each at least ten times. She also loved cats. Charly was excited when we changed our last name to Troff because then her initials were CAT. She had pictures of cats all over her room for many years. Charly has always been a planner and loves fun family activities. For a few years while we were both around high school age we held an annual Halloween party. Charly and I would plan and buy lots of food and have lots of fun activities for our friends. Charly loved getting together with our extended family and did what she could to make sure family get-togethers happened regularly. Charly is all grown up and has a family of her own. She has two sweet little girls, and she gives everything she has into being a great mother to her girls.


My brother is Jonathan William Troff. He is five years younger than me. Jon will always be the baby of our little family. Growing up Jon was a little mini-me. He loved many of the same things I loved. We especially loved playing Nintendo together. He also loved books about knights and adventures. We spent many afternoons having adventures in our backyard. Jon is one of the sweetest and kindest people I know. He is loving and kind to everyone and rarely gets upset or angry. He is also very easygoing. I have many fond memories of the time we spent together. One of the best memories was hanging out with Jon on our family trip to Disneyland. We got these matching Disney jackets that we wore together all over the park. In my mind, Jon never really grew up until I got home from my mission. He grew so much while I was gone that it took me a minute to recognize him. Now Jon is on his own he has an apartment and works for the Jordan School District.





I love my siblings and I am very grateful for the relationships that I have with them.


I do feel like I should mention that I have a few other siblings. I have three half-sisters, Lindsay, Sara, and Emmy; they are the daughters of Kurt and his wife Jen. I also have three step-siblings, Cassie, Abby, and Josh, they are Luke's kids. We aren't super close with any of my half/step-siblings, but we have enjoyed the opportunities we have had to spend time getting to know them.

Comments

Popular Posts