52 Questions in 52 Weeks: 10 of 52

What were some of the family traditions that you remember?

Eric - In my family, we have a tradition of participating in Boy Scouts. The other day I heard a story where my grandpa was at a Scouting Roundtable and he proudly told the group that all of his grandsons were Eagle Scouts, except for two, who aren't old enough to be Eagle Scouts yet. I will always remember the day I became an Eagle Scout my grandpa sat me down before the Court of Honor and gave me a silver dollar that belonged to my grandma Pat. It was his way of showing me how proud he was. I treasure that memory.





My family also has a tradition of pursuing their education. My grandpa went to BYU for his undergraduate degree and then went on to obtain his Master's in Mathematics from Stanford University. My Mom went to BYU for her bachelor's in statistics and then went on to obtain her Masters in Special Education from USU. I went to the U of U for my bachelor's and master's in Accounting. My grandma Sue also got her Master's degree from the U of U.

Most of the other family traditions we have revolve around celebrating holidays, which I will discuss in my response to next week's question.

Comments

Popular Posts