Bonneville Salt Flats


To help combat burnout during the pandemic Ancestry has periodically added special company holidays to the calendar. One of these special holidays was last Friday. Since I had the day off Tex and I drove out to visit the Bonneville Salt Flats. 

I have been wanting to take a quick trip to the Salt Flats for a while. This was the perfect opportunity. Alison had to work, but she wasn't too worried about missing out on the four hour round trip drive. I don't mind the drive. 

I stopped at the Tree of Life statue. It is a very large and very random piece of art located right off the highway. It does stand out against the barren fields due to the bright colors. The sun was rising when I pulled over, which made for some great drone shots. 





Our next stop was the Salt Flats. It is a surreal, otherworldly environment. There were very few other people there on this particular morning. I grabbed my stuff and Tex and I ventured out onto the salty plain. I brought a ball and Tex loved playing fetch on the salt. He must have chased that ball a hundred times while we were out there.  I took a bunch of pictures of Tex, while he was playing. I love my little dog. 












When Tex was tired I took him back to the car and got out my drone. I flew it around the Salt Flats for a few minutes before we headed home. 








On our way home we stopped by Delle, Utah. Out in a field near the gas station there is an old, abandoned bus that has been covered in paint and graffiti. It is a bit of a local landmark. 








From the bus it was around an hour drive back to our house. I enjoyed spending the morning exploring and seeing a few things I have never seen before. Tex loved coming along for the adventure. 

Comments

Popular Posts