New Year, New Goals 2022 Edition

The ongoing pandemic uncertainty adds additional uncertainty to the goal-setting process. Last year I focused on giving myself grace on the goals I set. I chose to focus on things I wanted to accomplish with the understanding that some of my goals may not be possible. While I accomplished many of the things I set out to accomplish in 2021 I pivoted on some of them. I expect 2022 will be more of the same.

I recently came across a quote by Judson L Moore that captures my sentiment regarding my plans for 2022: “A bad plan is better than no plan, and the most important quality of any plan is the flexibility to change.” 

I have identified the things I hope to accomplish in 2022, but I recognize plans may change, and that is okay. 

Travel

Goal: As usual, travel is an important part of our plans for next year. This is also the goal that is most likely to be impacted by Covid-19. We have learned through the pandemic that you have to take your shot. You never know what will or won't work out until you go for it. With that in mind, we have planned one of our most ambitious travel years ever. We will try to take the South America trip that we originally planned in 2020. We also plan to travel to Iceland/Greenland and Europe. If all goes as planned we will visit 9 new countries. These trips would help us to complete our goal to visit the 7 Wonders of the Modern World and continue our goal to visit locations from Disney's Soarin' Over the World:

Locations from Disney's Soarin' Over the World:

Matterhorn in Switzerland 2018

Isfjord, Greenland 2022

Sydney Harbour in Sydney, Australia 2019

Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany 2018

Kilimanjaro National Park and Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania 2021

The Great Wall of China in China 2018

The Great Pyramids in Egypt 2017

Taj Mahal in Uttar Pradesh, India 2019

West and East Mitten Buttes in Monument Valley, United States 2018

Lau Islands, Fiji

Iguazu Falls, Argentina 2022

Eiffel Tower in Paris, France 2018

A Disney Park

7 Wonders of the Modern World:

1. Chichen Itza, Mexico - Mayan City 2019

2. Christ Redeemer, Brazil - Large Statue 2022

3. The Great Wall, China 2018

4. Machu Picchu, Peru 2022

5. Petra, Jordan - Ancient City 2017

6. The Roman Colosseum, Italy 2018

7. The Taj Mahal, India 2019












Personal Development

Goal: In years past I have grown a sourdough starter. This year I am going to grow a new starter. Once I have my start I want to learn to bake beautiful sourdough bread. 

Health 

Goal: Alison and I both like to use at-home workout programs. Over the past few years, we have tried a wide variety of programs from various trainers. One of my favorite trainers is Amoila Cesar. I decided I am going to make 2022 the year of Amoila. I am going to do his programs every week I am not traveling.  

Our New Home

We are building a new house. Unfortunately, it won't be done in 2022, but there will still be a lot we need to accomplish in 2022 to prepare.

Goal: Prepare for our new home by Working with Alison and the team at Parkwood Homes to design beautiful spaces in our new home. Preparing our current home for sale (and possibly selling it in 2022). 

There is a lot of uncertainty in 2022, but despite that, I expect 2022 will be a great year.

Comments

Popular Posts