Happy Easter 2023!

I think that the best part of Easter this year was that it finally felt like Spring has arrived. 

Alison and I listened a lot to the song, "Come Home With Me" from HadesTown. Here is a small excerpt of the lyrics:

I'm workin' on a song

It isn't finished yet
But when it's done and when I'll sing it
Spring will come again
Come again?
Spring will come

When? I haven't seen a spring or fall since
I can't recall
That's what I'm workin' on
A song to fix what's wrong
Take what's broken, make it whole
A song so beautiful
It brings the world back into tune
Back into time
And all the flowers will bloom
 

We feel like we have been waiting on Orpheus to finish his song so spring will come again. We are so tired of the endless winter and I am sick of running in the snow. Fortunately, over the weekend the snow melted and we had warm sunny days.  

We began our Easter festivities the day before Easter. Kristin had dinner with some friends so Alison and I watched the girls. When I was growing up every year we would color eggs, so I bought egg coloring kits and decorated eggs with the girls. The kits were fun, in addition to having dye to color the eggs there were stickers, so we made our eggs into mermaids, narwhals, polar bears, and penguins. It was a really fun activity. 

















On Easter, we had a traditional Easter feast with ham, potatoes, asparagus, and rolls. I made deviled eggs. This was a food we ate often on Easter when I was growing up. To me, this is the quintessential Easter food. It evokes fond memories of Easter celebrations when I was a kid.


I had Friday off for Easter. During my day I was running errands and I decided to pick up some stuff for an Easter Egg hunt for Skylee and Anna Holly. I am so glad I did. It was really fun. I hid 36 eggs for the kiddos. They had lots of fun finding them. Among the 36 eggs were 8 golden eggs. I stuffed the golden eggs with $1 coins and $2 bills. The kids were so excited for them. My grandpa would hide money in some eggs during his annual Easter egg hunt and he always loved it. I caught the vision. It is really fun to hide cool prizes in eggs for the kiddos to find. 











After dinner we took Skylee and Anna Holly on a walk around the island in Daybreak Lake. Skylee rode her bike and Anna Holly was in and out of her stroller as we walked. We were on the lookout for ducks and all sorts of birds. Ann Holly wanted to walk down each of the docks and lounge in the dock chairs. It was beautiful and warm and sunny. I could not think of a better way to end our Easter festivities. 




I am very grateful to be surrounded by family on this Easter Sunday. I am grateful for all of the joy the kiddos bring into our lives. And I am grateful for spring. I am excited for the change of the seasons as it is one step closer to moving into our new home. I am looking forward to celebrating next Easter in our new home. 

Comments

Popular Posts