A Very Happy Birthday Salt Lake City Edition

Over the weekend we celebrated my birthday. 

We kept it fairly low key this year. In the afternoon we saw Spider-Man: No Way Home. It was a great film - Alison and I both enjoyed it. 

After the movie we went to dinner at Bambara. It was a great meal - very flavorful and it didn't sit too heavy. We would both recommend this downtown restaurant. 

We stayed overnight at the Hilton in Salt Lake. We were going to sleep in the next morning, but we both work up earlier than we expected. We went and had brunch at Sweet Lake Biscuits & Limeade. We have wanted to try this place for a while. It was pretty tasty food. They have amazing biscuits. This one did sit pretty heavy. The food is very rich. 

In the afternoon we drove around Daybreak looking at houses that are nearly completed to get ideas of things we want to include in our new house. We are excited and can't wait for the process to progress. 

That evening we went to the Dealertrack holiday party at Top-golf. Alison enjoyed the heated seats and visiting while I enjoyed driving golf balls as far as I could with her coworkers. I like Top-golf - it was a fun party. 

It was a really enjoyable birthday weekend. Growing up I didn't really like my birthday. It was so close to Christmas, it often was overshadowed by the holiday season. Now I really like my birthday. Alison and I always do something fun to celebrate and we lean into the holiday spirit. SLC is all decked out and festive, which makes it more fun to spend some time there. Another great birthday is in the books. 

Comments

Popular Posts